Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What Cancer cannot do!

If you know anyone who has dealt with Cancer or who is going through cancer please share this poem with them. My mom gave me this poem when I was first diagnosed with Cervical Cancer I read this poem almost everyday and it helped me get through those difficult days. I brought it back out so that once again I can start reading it again.

 What Cancer cannot do!

Cancer is so limited.

It cannot cripple Love.
It cannot shatter Hope.
It cannot corrode Faith.
It cannot destroy Peace.
It cannot kill Friendship.
It cannot suppress Memories.
It cannot silence Courage.
It cannot invade the Soul.
It cannot steal Eternal Life.
It cannot conquer the Spirit.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/11/2012

    This is a beautiful poem. The fact that a Mother gave it to her daughter in her time of need makes it even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I posted this poem on my blog and on my Facebook status. I have gotten such wonderful comments about the poem and now my family and friends are sharing it with their family and friends. Who knows maybe another Mom might read it and give it to her daughter who is in need if it.

    ReplyDelete