Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kidney Cancer Canada Patient Education Conference

On Saturday Melanie and I attended a Patient Education Conference held in Toronto for patients, families and others who were interested in learning more about kidney cancer.  The Conference was informative and empowering.  I am so glad that I found Kidney Cancer Canada through my research about kidney cancer.  Their website is chocked full of very useful information about kidney cancer.  The interesting thing about Kidney Cancer Canada is that its  is a charitable patient-led support organization established to improve the quality of life for patients and their families living with kidney cancer. It is only 5 years old and this was their 3rd annual conference.

The best part of the day was the networking that went on with other patients and families.  You don't feel so alone.   Kidney Cancer does not have the same awareness that Prostrate, Breast and Colon Cancer does but it should.  Kidney Cancer is treated like a chronic illness because of the chances metastasis that could occur shortly after the kidney is removed or years later.

I found out things that I did not even considered about how things would be different for me after having my kidney removed. 




2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/04/2013

    I am genuinely pleased to glance at this blog posts which contains plenty of helpful data,
    thanks for providing these kinds of information.

    Here is my homepage - online money making

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/16/2013

    It’s appropriate time to make a few plans for the future and it’s time to be
    happy. I have learn this post and if I may just I
    desire to suggest you some interesting things or advice.
    Maybe you could write subsequent articles regarding
    this article. I desire to learn even more things about it!


    Here is my page :: free Ms points

    ReplyDelete