Sunday, April 22, 2012

Recovery Week Six

I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I have had many thoughts of things that I could possibly do around the house but the only thing that I have the energy or strength to do is some light house work including washing the floors without dumping the pail of water all over the place.lol. The best part I don't get asked "what are doing" or "are you serious, should you be doing that?". I do it when no one is around to catch me doing things. lmao. I continue to walk everyday and most days it is my two mile adventure but there are some days it is only one mile. I try not to get discouraged on the short walk days and it is usually Doug who says it is going to be a short walk for you today because you look like you have had enough. Thank God I have him to remind me not to go overboard because I would probably push myself to the edge of craziness. I still nap in the afternoon if I have been out in the morning or busy doing light house work. The nice thing is I am really starting to feel like my old self and I am not as weepy as I had been at the beginning of my journey.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/25/2012

    Sounds like the "Doug" gene was passed on for sure. Dad always looked after Mom so well!
    One day at a time,Girl! Take those naps and walks and get strong!
    Love, Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Doug did get the "Doug" gene and I think Alex did too! The girl who marries him will be one lucky lady just like your mom and me!
    Love Denise

    ReplyDelete